Members Present: Wayne, Maciej, Nil, Maxime
Minutes by: Maciej
– Discsussed difference between having a different perspective for each programming language and having everything in one tab.
-> Note: Scheme users will generally be more advanced than Java users (might already be familiar with perspectives)
-> Easier to have different perspectives.
– Considered Debuggers for Java and Scheme
-> Do we want a debugger intergrated into the Java perspective?
-> Need more research for a Scheme debugger
– Renaming the Java Lite perspective
-> We’re not ready for a big change like that yet.
-> This will take more discussion
-> Renaming the implementation details (ie. Class Names, Package Names) must be done carefully
-> The change won’t have to go through the Eclipse IP process if done by a commiter (Wayne/Dwight)
– Discussed developing an RCP applications vs using the org.eclipse.ide4edu.releng project
– Talked about Scrapbook pages in Eclipse vs. Beanshell
-> Maxime will observe first year students using each one
TODO: Capture some usage senarios of first years using IDE4EDU. (Wayne will send out an email with more detail.)