+1: Collaboration. When the team first started on the project we each worked on bugs that were, for the most part, independent of each other. At around the mid-point of the term, we decided to collaborate more and work on smaller features of a bigger part. This way we were all working toward a common goal. I think we all enjoyed the project much more after we made this decision.
-1: A thick level of bureaucracy. This problem may be unique to the Eclipse4Edu project because The Eclipse Foundation follows such stringent software quality measures. I’m not against software quality practices but at one point the team struggled more with licensing issues then actual features. On the positive side, it was very educational to see how licensing can work in an open-source setting.