Total grade: 100%
*Assessment for team grade: 40%*
– Pro-rated for meeting attendance: 10%
– Evidence of participation in the Ingres community – mailing list posts: 5%
– Evidence of participation in the Ingres community – IRC interactions: 5%
– Blogging about one’s status on one’s blog or on UCOSP blog as one goes on: 10%
– Peer evaluation among the UCOSP student team at the end of term plus an email to Andrew. The email to Andrew should contains how you rate yourself and why: include 3 positive items that you felt went well and at least 3 things you felt you could have done better. : 10%
*Assessment for individual grade: 60%*
Team Member(s): Eva Wong, Scott Bishop
Area: Ingres [c code]
Mentor(s): Charles Thibert, Alex Trofast, Ray Fan, J Hankinson
Goal(s): Improve robustness and error path checking.
Success measure(s): 5 patch contributions from each student by the end of term in December. Contributions must pass code inspection and approval from the team. Patches will be committed to the code repository by Alex Trofast and Chuck Thibert. Screencast video of showing how to pull Ingres source code and compile it.
For each patch(10%): documentation(2%), coding(8%). For the video(10%).
Team Member(s): Kelvin Harry
Area: OpenLayers plugin for Drupal [php code]
Mentor(s): Andrew Ross, OpenLayers plugin community
Goal(s): Solve any 5 bugs found in OpenLayers plugin for Drupal – either bugs our team found, or existing ones.
Success measure(s): Looking for 5 patch contributions the bug tracking system. Contributions must pass code inspection and approval from the team. Patches will be committed to the code repository by the OpenLayers plugin for Drupal team. Submit a video of what the Drupal openlayers plugin is, and a short demo of it in action.
For each bug fix patch(10%): documentation(2%), coding(8%). For the video(10%).
Team Member(s): Mary Mootoo, Sarah Danaher, Evan James Bowling
Area: Overall Integration [considerable testing, some minor coding in php or c as needed to help clear backlogs]
Mentor(s): Andrew Ross, various others
Goal(s): Identify and raise 5 different bugs that has not submitted to the bug tracking system and submit them to the bug tracking system. Coordinate with developer assigned the bug to ensure they have enough information and can reproduce the issue. Submit a screencast demo of the technology (Drupal + maps) in action.
For each bug raised(10%). For the video(10%).
Deadline for the patches and video for everyone: 2009-12-11.