Are you involved with an existing open source project? Want a team of sharp students give some help? Want to help bring a new generation into the world of open source?
Sign me up! What are the requirements?
- The project should open source and have at least some existing users.
- An aspect/feature/chunk of work suitable for students to work on for a semester
- Someone to be available to act as a mentor and technical lead during the semester. Additionally, it’s important that this mentor be able to travel to the code sprint which is held either around the third weekend in September or the third weekend in January. The sprint moves around the country. It is usually in Toronto one term and one of the western cities in the other term.
What kinds of things have students worked on in the past?
- Worked on the geospatial database extensions for Ingres.
- Implemented new features in a web application. Recent projects have used Django, Rails, Java.
- Worked on Eclispe plugins.
- Worked on mobile phone applications.
How much will get done?
UCOSP participants are all upper-year students with strong grades and are able to commit 8-10 hours per week.
I’d love to get involved. What do I do next?
Get in touch with us! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.