Are you involved with an existing open source project? Want a team of sharp students give some help? Want to help bring a new generation into the world of open source?
Sign me up! What are the requirements?
- The project should be—duh!—open source and have at least some existing users.
- An aspect/feature/chunk of work suitable for students to work on for a semester
- Someone to be available to act as a mentor and technical lead during the semester. Additionally, it’s important that this mentor be able to travel to Toronto for a code sprint from October 1-3 (email us if this is a problem.)
What kinds of things have students worked on in the past?
- Helped develop an account setup wizard for Thunderbird
- Fixed bugs in Mercurial
- Worked on the geospatial database extensions for Ingres.
How much will get done?
UCOSP participants are all upper-year students with strong grades and are able to commit 8-10 hours per week.
I’d love to get involved. What do I do next?
Get in touch with us! Email us at email@example.com.